AM

Posted on Oct 6, 2021

I really like this product not as pancake but cake mix, I followed the instructions on the box but didn’t enjoy it Bc it doesn’t have the fluffy texture that pancake should have. Then I tried to make Tuscan Chestnut Cake (Castagnaccio) with this since I can’t find any pure chestnut flour in my country, it turns out so well and tastes the best when you leave it for 4-5 days. It’s a bit expensive but will purchase it again!

79fb9ac8-1e57-4211-94a3-2af8d5456630
09fcb535-c967-471b-8c5f-d982b1abb78e

I grew up allergic to wheat in the 70s before "gluten-free" was a household term. My 5-year-old self would have loved these! Following the recipe on the back of the box, I could only get 19 from the full package. However, using a measuring spoon (the box suggests 2TB for each pancake) did create perfect 4-inch pancakes. The free-range eggs we get are relatively small, so I might try using 5 eggs next time, which should give me an extra pancake or two! Also, next time, I won't add vanilla because chestnuts have a natural sweetness that is good enough for me. Because they are so small, I didn't expect we would have leftovers. My husband and I were both surprised by how filling they were. Granted, we are in our 50s and 60s! Fortunately, the leftovers are great the next day for mini-sandwiches.

2c7cc8ef-b21f-4389-a4a5-ac710dfce683
f2bc22c3-b64a-4874-8f8b-ae4ba482a30a
Posted on Sep 1, 2022

Posted on Aug 28, 2022

Another great product from Simple Mills. I love that it uses chestnut flour instead of the usual almond or coconut flours that gluten free packet mixes tend to use. Be aware that it won't make light fluffy pancakes - these are definitely a heavier/denser pancake but oh so filling. My husband finds the nutty taste to be a bit too much but I love it.

Posted on Apr 14, 2022

Awesome product when you don't have time to make healthy pancakes from scratch. The ingredients are simple, and the contents are easy to use for a quick breakfast that tastes good. The packaging isn't as big as a typical pancake mix, but that's true for most products that are good fro gluten and dairy free diets.

Posted on Nov 6, 2021

Love the taste of this pancake. How cool is it that it is made of chestnut flour! I appreciate that the ingredients are organic and that it does not have added sugar. It is definitely a healthy alternative to regular boxed pancakes out there. My family enjoyed this greatly! I recommend.

Posted on Jul 24, 2022

My wife bought this, and when she made them, I was pleasantly surprised at how good they tasted. My experience with other, so-called, healthy pancakes, was not good; they tasted like cardboard, and drove me back to the standard issue pancake mix. This one is a winner; although a tad pricey for 10 oz. Maybe you can work on that.

Posted on Feb 11, 2022

Very pleased with the ingredients. This came better as a waffle, but I did not use eggs. I used flax egg instead of a real egg as we have an allergy; and it worked! The price is a bit steep for the small amount that the box actually makes, but I am happy to have found this item!

Posted on Mar 22, 2022

the chestnut flour pancake texture is quite dense, not your usual fluffy pancakes! very filling breakfast. suggest not to cook too much as a little goes a long way.

Posted on Mar 4, 2022

This is probably one of my best purchases from this store. I love the nutty flavour behind it and the texture is good too. I would definitely buy it again in the future.