AM

Posted on Oct 4, 2021

Lightly salted but NO fishy smell at all because of the smoke. Very moist and tender. I tried it on sour rye crisp with fennel seeds and it was perfect! It may be even better with cream cheese!! If you prefer salty foods in general, you might feel it lacking some salt. I would recommend to put it on salty bottom and top it with Tabasco, caper, etc… !!

Posted on Mar 7, 2022

This product has high quality ingredients and the smoked flavor tastes great! I am happy that they are sustainably caught and the package size is perfect for two people to snack on. I recommend serving them with some hearty crackers and a bit of sour cream and capers. I am trying to get more seafood in my diet so love to keep a can of these in the pantry.

The can is bigger than expected. Elegant presentation, when opening: some workers took much care in delicately placing the fish inside. Good look. The taste is ok, smokey as indicated. But it's supposed to have omega 3's and be a fatty fish (I had no idea what kippers was, never ate it before today) but it's not fatty in the least: the fish is super dry, even though it is packed in water. I've had this happen with mackerel as well but for a gourmet food, at this price, should not happen. I suppose they sell the oil to omega 3's softgel makers: double the profits for them, less health benefits forus. I bought this to see if I wanted to stock up on these. Sadly, no. For the good, there is no smell to it, for the rest it is quality look & taste is ok, but nothing special. I like that it has no herbs nor sauce but the salt is standard (typically with aluminum) and not sea salt. Bit too $$ for that, but glad to have tried it! Hope this helps you decide. Thank you for reading and kindly letting me 👍 know.

Posted on Sep 25, 2022

These kippers are very good and definitely hit the spot. This is one of the better kippers which I've found, thus I anticipate buying more of these.

Posted on Aug 18, 2022

These come from the North Sea and packed in Latvia, so if you want a European snack - grab these, some crackers and cheese, and you're all set! The kippers are good size, and taste slightly smoked. The whole family liked them, so i will order again.

Posted on Oct 1, 2021

It was good enough, but I still think their clams mixed with clam sauce is the most wonderful thing added to pasta for a wonderful meal! Well, this brand has good quality things, just that I prefer clams.

Jaycee24
Posted on Oct 11, 2021

These kippers were really tasty and I chose this brand as they are supposed to be a sustainable brand. Bar Harbor Food was awarded the MSC US Ocean Champion Award for going above and beyond the MSC standards in 2020 and for their dedication to seafood sustainability. I have been trying to choose more sustainable seafood as I think this is really important and have decided on this brand as a good canned option.

Posted on Sep 6, 2022

Very high quality kippers, you can definitely taste the quality. There are surprisingly many fishes contained within a single tin.

Posted on May 25, 2022

High quality and fresh!! Big portion and love the smoky taste.

Posted on May 18, 2022

The taste is very delicious , and the package is lovely